364-Ebay quebec(dot)plates fake France number license plates
Since at least the middle of 2014 Ebay seller quebec.plates from Canada has been selling these completely fake, mint French plates from the current system.
There are many problems with these plates:
1. French plate manufacturers are not allowed to sell plates like these without seeing a copy of the vehicle registration papers so they are actually illegal plates.
2. Some of them are within the Ebay policy of not selling plates less than 3 years old so again illegal.
3. Some of them do not have the manufacturer's approval number on them so again illegal.
4. The plates with 975 (Saint-Pierre and Miquelon) do not use this format of registration. SPM plates are in the format nnnn SPM or SPM nnn x. His plates have fake registrations that have never existed.
5. The plates with 987 (French Polynesia) do not use this format of registration. FP plates are in the format nnnnnn P. His plates have fake registrations that have never existed.
6. The plates with 988 (New Caledonia) do not use this format of registration. NC plates are in the format nnnnnn NC or now nnnn W. His plates have fake registrations that have never existed.
7. He has many copies of each of the plates and he has been selling them with the same registration number but with different department codes on the various copies.
The Francoplaque web site has all the details of what current French plates are supposed to look like, what registrations were issued and when and what the overseas departments' plates have on them. Check that website and others when buying plates you are not 100% familiar with.
Why buy these overpriced fake French plates that have never been used, are completely wrong and illegal when genuine used plates are available fairly easily and usually very cheaply on ebay.fr
He obviously knows that these are fake plates and I am told he is an ALPCA member. Selling fake plates is a sure way to get suspended from or thrown out of ALPCA.
Do not buy mint plates or you will end up with rubbish in your collection.